Sunday, February 18, 2018

Best wishes, Iva

I have another card for my sister-in-law.  She had hip replacement last week, then developed complications so the recovery will not be as easy as hoped.  This is one of her favorite colors.  IRL the embossed layer is a pale color, and for the base I used a purple lightly patterned with grey - you may be able to see a bit of that at the left.  I used half of an 8.5x11 sheet, printed on the inside, and left the patterned paper for the back of the card as well. I used another of my new Darice embossing folders - Butterfly on Flower.  I used the negative of the Elizabeth Craft die cut, and tied a bow with shimmery, sheer pale purple ribbon. The card base is white - not sure why it does not show up at all.

Die cut:    Simon Says Stamp Wednesday
Purple, Pattern Paper, Butterfly:  Butterfly Spot
Colors:   Cuttlebug Mania
Feminine:   Trimmiescraft
Any, with bow:   Craft-dee Bowz
Any:   Through the Craft Room Door
            Creative Knockouts  (8 Challenge max

7 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge blog for challenge 455 the theme is Mother’s Day/ Female and the sponsor is Sweet’n’Sassy. Hugs Jackie (GDT)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Dorothy! The embossing folder is so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Your card is so beautiful :)
Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT challenge this week.

@d_e_crafts said...

Simplest elegant. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this week.

Mrs A. said...

That is a pretty embossing folder which I don't think I have seen before and it looks lovely in the purple colouring. I hope your sister in law feels better soon from her operation. Thankyou for spinning the butterfly wheel this week with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Rae Ann said...

The embossing gives this card such an elegant look. Love the way you let the embossing take center stage. I hope your sister in law makes a speedy recovery. I know this card will brighten her day.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Anything Goes challenge.

Jannie said...

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania, but please read our guidelines for this color challenge.

We would like you to use some or all of the colours in the photo.
Plus White!

(use grey, turquoise and white...or purple, grey, turquoise...
or just grey and white etc.)

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie